You’ve hit two of them. Yudhisthir Chatterjee never
misses his target. Let’s go. Gangadhar, let’s go. Mother, I hope I can avenge
the tortures meted out to you. I pray that I can avenge
your ruthless murder. Hey! Why did you bunk work yesterday? My grandson is very sick. How could I leave him alone? Stop giving excuses of illness. I don’t care if your grandson lives
or dies, you shouldn’t bunk work. What are you saying, sir? He’s a child.
– Child? Huh? His life has no value.
Get back to work. Child? Sir could say such harsh
words since he doesn’t have a child. This is the reason God
didn’t bless him with a child. What? What did you say, scoundrel? What are you doing here? Why did you hit him? Do I have to explain my actions to you?
– No, you don’t have to. But, you must apologize to him.
– Apology? Apology? You can see that I’m carrying a gun.. ..and yet you want me
to apologize to my servant. Uncle, you remind me of
one of my childhood friends. He used to dig out worms with
stick and feel very happy about it. What do you mean? Aren’t you scared of this?
– No. The weapon in your
hands suits a brave man.. ..and not a coward like you. You’re crossing your limit,
Satyapriya. I’ll cross my limit every
time your tortures increase. What? Uncle, you’re my father’s friend.. ..or I would’ve forced
you to apologize to him. C’mon, throw away the toy.
Apologize to him. Are you trying to..
– I haven’t taken any action yet. Do as I say. Do you think you can do anything
just because you’re their boss? What are you doing, Satya da? My grandson will be cursed
is master apologizes to me. He’s my employer. Uncle, are you still hesitant
to apologize to this old man? Don’t you feel repentant
for hitting him? Sir, don’t mind his words. Satya da, please leave. I’ll remember this day, Satyapriya. If I can’t give you a befitting reply
then I’m not Yudhisthir Chatterjee. The ones who know how to reply
back don’t ask for time, uncle. They do it instantly.
You may leave now. I’ll wait for your answer. Okay. How is your grandson?
– His condition is the same. Okay. Take this. Buy medicines
on your way to home. Okay. “Hail Krishna.” “Hail Rama.” “Hail Krishna.” “Hail Rama.” “Hail Krishna.” “Hail Rama.” Satyapriya! Satyapriya! Here you are, Satyapriya. What brings you here? How is your newspaper Navjeevan doing? Let’s come back to business. You’re busy working for your country. Do you remember that your land
is mortgaged for the last two years? Please be seated. So, you want me to take a seat?
– Yes. It’s been three years. Do you realize that
your land will soon be mine? You can publish fake news
against me in your newspaper. You’ll write that I cheat
villagers to fill my coffers. Everybody knows that you’re
experienced about property matters. What have you come here to say? Let me come to the point. After all you’re my friend’s son. You don’t have enough
money to get back your land. If you sell the land
you’ll get some money. Your newspaper Navjeevan
will survive a little longer. You don’t have to worry
about the future of Navjeevan. Bring the property papers and I’ll sign it.
– No.. no.. I already have the
property documents with me. C’mon, sign it. Here’s the money.
Count the money. Got it? One more thing. I want you to publish something
in bold letters in Navjeevan. Write that Yudhisthir Chatterjee
is a great soul. Got it? I’ve paid you the
right price for the land. Send me a copy of Navjeevan
with the news. I’ll pay for it. I’ll take your leave now. You’re a busy man,
I shouldn’t waste your time. What’s this? Why are you crying?
– No. I’m not crying. My heart doesn’t want to let you go. Don’t worry. I’ll always protect you. You saw the cunning man
against whom you’ve to win. He always waits slyly
for the chance to attack. He attacks whenever
he gets the chance. Sir, three powerful CBI officers from
Kolkata are creating a lot of problems. They want to go through
our records and accounts. What shall we do now, sir? Chite, you still haven’t
learned the art of pleasing. Why did you stop the car? Hey girl!
Why aren’t you letting us go? This is not fair. You knocked me down
and now you’re abusing me. How dare you?
– Stop it. Do you know who is in this car? Who’s he?
– The head of Devipur. Head? You mean head.. If he’s the head then who are you?
Are you his tail? “Listen to me, darling.” “Listen to the melody of love.” “I’ve chosen you.” “You also choose me.” Hey! Who are you?
Where do you stay? I live in Kolkata. I sing and dance in movies. I’m a junior artist. My aunt lives near the pond. I’ve come here to spend my vacation. Gangadhar, let’s go. The engine is very hot. C’mon start the car. Why are you running away? Are you scared? Hey! Hey! Rascal! He went away. It’s okay. Chite..
– Yes. I hope you remember I told
you about the art of pleasing. Where shall I get this girl? You can get anything you order. Let’s offer her to the CBI officers. Where does she stay?
– Over there. Does a girl who works
as a junior artist stay here? Are you talking about Pyra?
– Yes. Come inside. Come in. Come in. Please come in, sir. Please wait, I’ll call her. Okay. “What are you doing in my house?” “What are you doing in my house?” Lovely! What brings you here all of a sudden? What do you want? I want to say something. Who’ll speak with me?
The head or tail? I’ve heard that you perform
songs and dance in films. I’ve thrown party in my house tonight. I’ve arranged a small feast and a show.
– Yes. Sir is a patron of music and dance. But, I don’t perform
unless I’m paid well. Oh! You’ll have to give me 1000 rupees. Take this. I’ve given you 500 rupees as advance. You’ll get the remaining
amount after your performance. “I’m nervous.” “I don’t know what’s going to happen
as the silent night progresses.” “I’m nervous.” “I don’t know what’s going to happen
as the silent night progresses.” “Beware of the fangs of Pyra.” “I’m Pyra. Bibi Pyra.” “I’m Pyra. Bibi Pyra.” ‘I salute sir in this gathering.” “I’ve come to settle a small score.” “Let’s see who wins
and who loses this game.” “I’m Pyra. Bibi Pyra.” “I’m Pyra. Bibi Pyra.” “I’m nervous.” “I don’t know what’s going to happen
as the silent night progresses.” “Fake smiles and false appearance
hide the real face behind a mask.” “Fate turns the heart
turns into a sharp knife.” “Time doesn’t help
me forget the past.” “I’m Pyra. Bibi Pyra.” “I’m Pyra. Bibi Pyra.” “I’m Pyra. Bibi Pyra.” Satya da.. Satya da, I never imagined
that you would reach there in disguise. I promised to follow your like your shadow
to protect you from the man-eater. I’ve donned this disguise as
per the instructions of CBI officers. Understood. Satya da, today was a golden opportunity
to avenge my mother’s murder. Then why did you stop me, Satya da? Please tell me. Why did you stop me?
– No.. no.. I hate if people kill to take revenge. Punishing the sinner is
the best way to seek revenge. It’s late in the night.
I’ll drop you home. Sister-in-law.. What’s going on? Waiting for him? Waiting for him. Right? It’s useless waiting for him. He won’t come here tonight. Do you know why? A girl named Pyra Bibi
is entertaining them. Do you know why she
has been summoned here? To help brother evade getting
caught for his illegal transactions. Go to sleep. Did you get any evidence?
– No. You got nothing?
– No. We got no evidence. Why are you laughing? At the thought that
you got no evidence. What do you mean? You enjoyed vulgar dance, drank
liquor and got the company of a woman. But, you’re saying
you got nothing there. Please don’t mind my words, Mr. Satya. Your information was wrong. We can’t take any action
unless we get strong evidence. But we promise to help you in future. Bye. It’s time for our train.
– Bye. It was the plan of
Hridaynath’s son Satyapriya. Hey! Where did you
disappear last night? Our fierce lady.
– Get lost. Hey! Why are you sitting here? Do you want me to sit in your lap? Give my payment.
– For what? So, you’ve forgotten? You promised to pay me
1000 rupees but paid only 500. Don’t you remember? Scoundrel! Why are you abusing me? Do you know that I can
throw you out of this place? Get lost. I’ve handled many
stingy fellows like you. Give me the money. Do you still stay there? Why? Do you wish to be my paramour? It’s going to be an expensive deal. You can’t afford me. C’mon give my payment. What happened? Pyra Bibi doesn’t take either
more or less than what she charges. Acharya, I’ve a request.
– Yes, tell me. Please excuse me and go out. I want to remove the
ornaments from the idol. You want to remove the
ornaments from the idols? You know that women deck up
in jewelry during festive occasions. As soon as the occasions
are over they remove the ornaments.. ..and keep them in the locker. Times aren’t good. You’re an old man who manages
everything single-handedly. So, I wanted to be careful with them.
– Right. You’re absolutely right. I’m not keeping well. I want to go to my native
place Rangamati for few days. Okay. I was worried about the deities and
the ornaments with which they’re decked. Since you’re taking them,
I’ll be relaxed now. I won’t have any
worries for the deities. No, you need not worry. Hail lord! It’s all your wish. Keep an eye outside.
– Of course. Hail lord! Hail lord! Acharya, where are the
ornaments of Radha-Krishna? What’s this? You.. Acharya.. ..you stole the
ornaments of the deities? Shame on you. Can you hear me? Wake up. I heard that all the ornaments from
the temple were stolen last night. I know.
– What do you know? What has happened? The ornaments from the temple
were stolen last night. – What? How could somebody rob
the ornaments of the deities? How did this necklace
come out of your bag? C’mon, answer us. Well.. believe me, I didn’t steal. Mr. Yudhisthir took out
the ornaments last night. I didn’t steal the ornaments. How could you say that? How dare I remove the
ornaments from the deities? If he removed the ornaments how
did this necklace come in your bag? C’mon tell us. Uncle, sins can never be hidden.
– Yes. You’re right, Satya. Sins can never be hidden. I can’t imagine that
a person can be so greedy. Acharya, please answer me. To whom did you sell the ornaments? How much did you get for them? What are you saying? Money?
– Yes, money. You told me that you needed
money to go to your native place. I wish I had understood your hint. Inspector, you should search him. I’m sure he stole the ornaments for money.
– Great! Fantastic, brother! At night you pretend to be a devotee.. ..and in the morning
you change your appearance. What happened? Search his bag. Check if the ornaments
are inside the bag. – Okay. Yes! there’s money in his bag. From where did you
get such a big amount? I told you. I don’t know how the
money came in my bag. So, you don’t know how
the money came in your bag. – No. Come to the police station with me. You could’ve told
me that you need money. Take him away.
– Come to the police station. O lord, please save them. Come with me.
– O lord! Go with him. Come.
– O lord! Satya, publish this
news in your newspaper. It’ll make the villagers alert. Great! He has handled both money
and the matter smartly. What did you understand, Satya? You know everything
and yet you don’t protest. I could’ve done it. Believe me, Satya. I could do it. Do you know what I feel at times? I want to pull out
brother’s evil mask. But, I can’t do it. I become weak whenever I
see sister-in-law’s helplessness. I can understand your emotions. I can’t allow this as
long as I’m alive. Never. We’ll definitely take
out the mask of those devils. Sarkar..
– Yes, sir. A snake was spotted yesterday. Did you ask them to
sprinkle carbolic acid? Yes, sir. What’s this? What’s this? I heard that a snake was
spotted and you asked them.. ..to sprinkle carbolic acid.
– Yes. What are you doing here? Sprinkle it near the snake’s burrow.
– Yes. I’m sprinkling it near the snake’s burrow.
– Son of devil! Shame on you! You’re abusing yourself
and your father. Oh no! Sarkar, give me
Satyapriya’s documents. What have you done? You’ve sold the land. Have you lost your mind? How will Navjeevan help you? The newspaper will help me spread the
word of protest to every household. This is my only dream.
– Dream? You’re worries only about your dream. Aren’t you concerned
about your younger sister? Are you talking about Saathi?
– Yes. I’m talking about Saathi. You know that she
has no one except you. Do you wish to lose everything.. …and land on the streets
with your younger sister? Satya, Navjeevan won’t
help you expose brother. ‘Satya, remember that
you’re Saathi’s guardian now.’ ‘Raise her.
Protect her with your life.’ What happened?
Did you hear what I said? What are you thinking? Your sister lives alone in Kolkata. Do you ever enquire about her? May I come in?
– Yes. Are you barrister Gupta?
– Yes. It’s okay. Come in. Take a seat I didn’t recognize you. I’m Saathi Banerjee.
– Okay. You’re a barrister at High Court.
– Yes. I’ve come to consult you
regarding certain legal matters. But, right now I am..
– You’re busy. Right? Yes. I know it. I’ve come with money. I’ll pay your remuneration. I expect you’ll give
your impartial views. What do you wish to know? Please tell me if you
believe in dowry system. Forget about believing in it,
I hate it. I hate people who accept dowry. They’re nothing but criminals. So, you accept that they’re criminals.
– Yes. Listen to me. My friend loves a rich man’s son.
– Okay. The son is spineless. He blindly follows the
instructions of his parents. The boy’s mother went to the girl’s house.
– Okay. She laid the condition that she would
get the girl married to her son.. ..only if they gave 25,000
rupees in cash, TV, VCR… Wardrobe and 30 grams
of gold in dowry. This is too much. They should be punished. They must get punished. Are you sure that they
should be punished? – Of course. I would’ve put the boy’s
mother behind the bars.. ..and would’ve forced
the boy to marry the girl. Thanks a lot. How much shall I
pay you for your advice? Please take your fees. You just mentioned about the punishment.
– Yes. Call your wife and son and
give them the required punishment. What? My wife and son? Yes, your son. Your wife demanded the dowry. Banani, come inside. Come in. Seek your father-in-law’s blessings. He has accepted your relationship. What do you mean? You just said that you would
force the boy to marry the girl. What happened?
What are you waiting for? Seek his blessings. It’s okay, dear. What’s your name, dear?
– Banani Choudhury. I’ll go and call Banani’s mom-in-law.
– No. You don’t have to do that. Wait here. I’ll call her. Yes. They should be punished. “Whom do they welcome as a gift?” “Whose darkness does
the dawn wipe out today?” “The dawn in whose life
has started a new beginning?” “The dawn in whose life
has started a new beginning?” “The dawn in whose life
has started a new beginning?” Why do you raise your hands
and dance when you’re happy? This is a childhood habit. I would raise my hands and clap and
Tukun would sway his hips and dance. Tukun? Who is he?
– It’s me. Who are you?
– I’m Tukun. What do you want?
– I want you? Ill-mannered rogue, don’t
you’ve a mother and sister at home? I neither have a mother
and sister nor a wife. I will not get a mother and
sister but I want you as my wife. Will you go from
here or shall I shout? O God! I thought that you would clap
and I would sway my hips and dance. Get lost. Go to a street performer
who performs with monkeys. He’ll play the drum and
you’ll dance like a monkey. The street performers
have two monkeys.. ..one male and the other female. You should join me. How dare you? Leave my hand
or I’ll shout and gather people. You couldn’t recognize me yet, Puti? I’m Tukun.
– Tukun? ‘Slit the throat of Puti
fish and take the name of lord.’ ‘Tukun will feast on Puti fish curry.’ ‘Slit the throat of Puti
fish and take the name of lord.’ ‘Tukun will feast on Puti fish curry.’ ‘Tukun will feast on Puti fish curry.’ ‘Slit the throat of Puti
fish and take the name of lord.’ “I went fishing expecting to
catch big fish like rohu and catla.” “But I managed to catch
only a small puti fish.” “I went fishing expecting to
catch big fish like rohu and catla.” “But I managed to catch
only a small puti fish.” “Why should you hide
your feelings of love?” “You can never hide
your love and money.” “Money! Hey money.” “You can’t hide it.” “Puti, love me or
I’ll hold you tightly.” “Tukun, I’ll pick the
lice of love from your head.” “Puti, love me or
I’ll hold you tightly.” “Tukun, I’ll pick the
lice of love from your head.” “I may not play the
flute like Krishna.” “Yet I’ll say that I love you.” “I love you.” “Who hasn’t fallen in love?” “All of our ancestors and
forefathers have loved somebody.” “Why do we need to
hide emotions of love?” “All of our ancestors and
forefathers have loved somebody.” “Why do we need to
hide emotions of love?” “Carry the emotions of
love on your head with pride.” “Why do we need to
hide emotions of love?” “Money! Hey money.” “You can’t hide it.” “Money! Hey money.” “You can’t hide it.” “Money! Hey money.” “You can’t hide it.” Brother..
– Come. It’s okay. When did you come?
– It’s been long. I’ve met two people
from my village today. Two people? Who else did you meet? Palak da, what are you doing? Understood.
– What did you understand? I was wondering where
this medicine is available. Devipur. Devipur future is our future, brother. Don’t worry about me. We’ll sell everything
we’ve to run the newspaper. But, I promised mother
to take care of you. What are you saying, brother? A girl who is blessed with
a brother like you lacks in nothing. I’ll go back to village and join your
newspaper after my exams get over. I’ll tell Yudhisthir Chatterjee
that he has no right to rule Devipur. Will you be able to do it?
– Yes, I will. A sister who has the support of
a brother like you can win the world. Since childhood you’ve
showered a lot of love on me. You never made me miss my parents. But, I could do nothing for you. I wish every brother
does what you did for me. If that happens no sister
in this world will be unhappy. Okay, bye. It’s okay. Saathi.. May god bless you, Saathi.
May god bless you. Mr. Chite, please have pity on me.
Don’t destroy my house. I’ve nothing except this humble abode. I beg of you.
– Get lost! Satya da, they’re breaking my house. They want to build a road here. Chite da. Beware! What happened? Who sent you here? The owner of this land.
Yudhisthir Chatterjee. Yudhisthir Chatterjee?
– Yes. Do you know that Yudhisthir
from Mahabharata went to heaven? Yes, I know. He had a dog with him.
– Yes, I know it. Is Yudhisthir Chatterjee
paving this road to reach heaven? And you see to be his pet dog. What? You called me a dog?
– Yes. Did you see them?
– Yes, I have. Hey!
– Come. Tell them to go away. They haven’t come here to go away. Hey! Get him. Hey! Beware! I’ll kill all of you if you hit him. Don’t you know that
he’s my friend’s son? Get lost from here. Chite, go away. Take them with you. Satya, you should inform
me if they come back. I won’t have to inform you. Chite will inform you about the number
of graves you need to dig for them. I can understand what you mean. Satya da..
– Enough. Cowards! You start shivering
in fear at their sight. Why don’t you unite against them? What’s wrong? What’s the problem? What’s happening here? Don’t you know what’s going on? I heard that a fight was going on.
– Fight for survival. Yudhisthir Chatterjee’s pet dogs
came here to break Rai Charan’s house. How dare they do that? How dare? What are we here for? What is your function? C’mon tell me. Are you here only to take
bribe from these exploiters? Satya da, you’re crossing your limit. The goons broke Rai Charan’s
house at night and.. ..you’re chatting with
him and enjoying tea and snacks. Don’t attack everybody. Don’t forget that this is not your
drawing room but a police station. I know that. That’s why I can’t
take any action here. If this was my drawing room,
I would’ve hit the right place. What? Uncle, you’ve started
the demolition work. Satya, how can you harm me? I’ll. Rai Charan’s demolished
house can be rebuilt. But, you won’t be able
to rebuild what I break. So, you’re threatening him? Sir, a caged wild tiger
never turns into a cat. He always remains wild. How dare he?
– Hmm.. I’m going that side.
– Okay. Navjeevan? You’re hanging it on tree. That’s great. You’re teasing me again? I told you that I like you. What? You like me? Ask.. ask your heart.
– Get out of here. Okay. But, let me tell you something. You can’t bring about
any change through Navjeevan. What did you say? What did you say? That we won’t be able to do it?
– Of course not. This small village is divided
into so many communities. You couldn’t unite them. Who is the girl? Do you know her? I don’t know who
she is but she’s right. Ghoshpara, Bosepara, Bagdipara. The differences between us is clear.
– Correct! Where are you going? I must explain to them that unity is
very important to fight against injustice. I know very well that Yudhisthir
Chatterjee is behind this. – No. Why not?
– Just think of the possibility. I admit that he’s not
good but he’s religious. Okay. It’s a sacred temple.
– Yes. He doesn’t even drink water
before offering prayers. – Yes. He sucks people’s blood. Hey! You may say anything. But, I’m sure that Yudhisthir
Chatterjee can’t do this. No, he can’t. I’m sure that Paran
Mondol is behind this. You can’t recognize people.
– Yes, I do. “O mister..” “O mister,
you may argue as much you want..” “It’s not easy to recognize..” “It’s not easy to recognize..” “It’s not easy to recognize..” “It’s not easy to recognize..” “..the devil and
the god in our society.” “It’s not easy to recognize..” “It’s not easy to recognize..” “O mister,
you may argue as much you want..” “It’s not easy to recognize..” “It’s not easy to recognize..” “It’s not easy to recognize..” “It’s not easy to recognize..” “O God!” “You don’t know whose
face is hidden behind a mask.” “You don’t know who’s
a flower and who’s a thorn.” “You don’t know whose
face is hidden behind a mask.” “You don’t know who’s
a flower and who’s a thorn.” “The people who suck our blood and
rule the society is respected by all.” “It’s not easy to recognize..” “It’s not easy to recognize..” “O mister,
you may argue as much you want..” “It’s not easy to recognize..” “It’s not easy to recognize..” “It’s not easy to recognize..” “It’s not easy to recognize..” “They build castles
on the bones of the poor.” “How will answer those rich people?” “How will you answer them?” “Our nation has degraded.” “I try to forget the
pain by drinking liquor.” “Our nation has degraded.” “I try to forget the
pain by drinking liquor.” “The people who buy conscience
with money is revered.” “It’s not easy to recognize..” “It’s not easy to recognize..” “O mister,
you may argue as much you want..” “It’s not easy to recognize..” “It’s not easy to recognize..” “..the devil and
the god in our society.” “It’s not easy to recognize..” “It’s not easy to recognize..” Yudhisthir Chatter.
– This is not acceptable. Our protests.
– Will continue. You’ve to accept our demands.
– You’ve to accept them. They’ve gone on a strike
on the behest of Satyapriya.. ..and your brother Rasaraj. You know very well how
to shatter them, Chite. Let’s go. You’ll soon see the
outcome of all this. ‘There’s no food at home.’ Our enemy is in our house. He has joined hands with Satyapriya
and is instigating the workers. He has become a leader. They’ve been on strike for days. Listen, tell your dear brother-in-law
not to cross his limit. But what they are saying..
– It’s a lie. Every word is a lie. Colonel’s father
made a will of his land. He didn’t donate it. He sold the land. Satyapriya’s father had given you
jewelry to spend it on the cooperative. I’ve used it. What about the jewelry
of uncle Indra’s mother? Stop it. You’re a woman. Your duty
is to take care of the family. What do you understand
about these things? Listen to me.
Warn your brother-in-law. Why did you get up? Won’t you have eat?
– Yes! As long as a snake remains
in its burrow everybody is safe. When it raises its
hood it’ll definitely bite. Brother-in-law, will you eat? Come. Lovely! Sister-in-law,
you want me to eat this food? Yes. Why are you asking? Sister-in-law,
you’ve the luxury to waste this food.. ..bought with the hard
earned money of the poor people. If you knew about their
hardships you wouldn’t have.. ..asked me to eat this
food and made fun of me. Brother-in-law, listen to me.
Brother-in-law.. “It’s not easy to recognize..” “..the devil and the god in our society.”
– Brother-in-law.. Brother-in-law.. What are you doing? Your brother was very sad.
– Why? The factory is closed
due to the strike. Please don’t do all this,
brother-in-law. You know your brother. Yes, I know him. I know him very well. I also know that if he is harmed
he won’t spare either you or me. But, how long can somebody
tolerate all this? I don’t know. I came to your family
at a very young age as a bride. You’re well aware of what
I’ve got and what I haven’t. After mother-in-law’s demise.. ..the responsibility of the family
fell on my shoulders. God hasn’t blessed me with a child. But, I’ve raised you as my own child,
brother-in-law. I won’t be able to
bear it if you’re hurt. I won’t be able to bear it. I know. I know it, sister-in-law. You’re not just my
sister-in-law but my mother. So, I can’t leave you and go or
I would’ve left this house long back. Brother-in-law, no.. Brother-in-law, promise that
for my sake you won’t do anything.. ..that will be harmful
for your brother. Please promise me, brother-in-law.
Promise me. I promise you. Brother. Saathi! What brings
you here all of a sudden? I just came. I told you that I’ll join
you and help you after my exams. You’ve done the right thing
by coming here. Give it to me. You’ve traveled a long
distance and must be tired. Freshen up and rest. No, I won’t rest.
Show me your press. Let’s go there. Okay, let’s go. May I come in? Satyapriya, come in. Did you call me?
– Yes. Your name should have been
Mithyapriya (supporters of lies).. ..and not Satyapriya
(supporter of truth). What do you mean? I’ve read your newspaper Naveejvan. You can’t run a
newspaper based on lies. You’ve unnecessarily
sold your land and house. House? I didn’t sell my house. Sarkar can write anything.
He’s useless. I hope you read the
documents before signing. Are you trying to blackmail me?
– Oh no! After all you’re my friend’s son. I won’t even mention my brother. He’s good for nothing. Addicted to liquor, women.. But, you’re not like him. It’ll be better if you
don’t’ publish this news. We don’t publish fake
news in our newspaper. You demolished Rai Charan’s house. The priest of the temple is serving
a sentence without being guilty. Everybody knows who’s
behind the conspiracy. The court will prove it. Listen to me now. Withdraw the strike. You won’t be able to
continue the strike for long. The workers will turn into
mad dogs if they have to starve. They’ll bite you. Will you be able
to handle the situation? You don’t have to bother about this. They maybe poor but they’re
the ones who’re still humane. It won’t be difficult for
me to explain the benefits to them. But, I’m well aware of
your poisonous fangs hidden.. ..behind your mask. So, you won’t listen to me? I’ve some work. Before I go, I’ll tell you something. We’ve a government and we’ve laws. There are some fearless honest
men who can expose the devil. Be ready for it. Hello. Devipur police station. Greetings, sir. Yes, sir. Okay, sir. Don’t worry. Sir, you don’t have to
worry as long as I’m here. Okay, sir. Sir, you promised me something.
Okay, sir. So, he wants to publish a newspaper. Come on.
– You’re crossing your limit. Leave me.
– What happened, uncle? Wait inside, I’ll go and check. Don’t light your own pyre. If Navjeevan is destroyed by fire then
you’ll also get burnt in the same fire. I’ll burn all of you alive. What’s happening? What’s the problem? Saathi. What’s this?
Why are so any newspapers over here? They are trying to
burn the newspapers. Burning them?
– Yes. How dare you burn the newspapers? C’mon, go away from here. Go. Shame! Shame! Oh no! They’ve damaged them. What will you do with these?
Give it to me. You won’t’ be able to sell them.
Give it to me. This is not for illiterate people.
– Illiterate? What are you saying, Satya? Satya, I maybe illiterate
but I’m not heartless. I’ll buy your life (jeevan)
with this money, I mean Navjeevan. What will you do? I’ll make paper bags with them. Paper bags with Navjeevan newspaper. What’s the matter, Yudhisthir? Can you recognize me? How are you, Satya? When did you come, uncle?
– I’ve just arrived. Oh Himadri! My shooting skills
are still very good. Come home one day. I’ve important things to discuss
with you. Got it? Bye. Let’s go. What’s the matter, Satyapriya? Why are you so quiet? When did you come?
– Uncle.. Please be seated. Understood. You’re sad because they
were burning your newspaper. You’ve started a big struggle. You’ll have to face hurdles and obstacles.
– Right. This is obvious. Satyapriya, remember one thing. They may try to hide
their evil doings.. ..but the village knows
what kind of man Yudhisthir is. Jindan, tea. Why are you shouting, uncle? Tea is ready. Serve it.
– Lakshmi, serve tea. I was saying that.. Man power can take you
further than money power. Correct.
– You’ve to increase your manpower. But, you can’t do it alone.
We’ll help you. I mean you, I, Jindan,
Rasaraj, Gurbaksh and the villagers.. …will teach Yudhisthir a lesson. This will be our sole aim. He’s right. Dad. Tukun, what brings
you here all of a sudden? I heard that you were
here so I came here. It’s okay. How are you?
– Fine. Let me introduce him. Gurbaksh, this is my son Tukun. He’s a doctor.
– Hello. Very glad to meet you, young man. My pleasure.
– Bless you. She is Jindan, Gurbaksh’s daughter. Hello.
– Hello. Satya da, how are you? How are you?
– Good. How is our medical practice going on?
– Good. Satya da, I’m planning
to practice in the village. That’s very good. Tukun, listen to me. Satyapriya and Rasaraj
have protested.. ..against Yudhisthir
all these years in Devipur. I want young men like you to
join Satyapriya to expose Yudhisthir. I came back to the
village with lot of hopes. I expected the villagers
to be very happy. But, it was just a dream.
People are in great pain. Yudhisthir has turned
the village into a crematorium. No. We’ve stop his injustice. Satya da,
Saathi has told me everything. You’re not alone now. I’ve come here from
Kolkata to support you. I’ve heard the colonel’s son
has come from Kolkata to help Satya. Oh no! He has come to the village
to treat the ailing people. Satya can go to him for
treatment when he gets injured. Who’s there? Who are you?
– Himadri, it’s me. I don’t know you. You’re an unknown man who
has entered my house. Get out. Get out or I’ll shoot. I’m Yudhisthir.
– Who is Yudhisthir? I don’t know any Yudhisthir. C’mon go and get the briefcase.
– Just a minute, colonel. Get out of here. Put your hands down. I scared you. Right? You must be thinking that I’m mad.
– No.. the gun.. Don’t you remember that
my favourite game in childhood.. ..was not to recognize known people.
– Yes. Why did you call me?
– I’ll tell you. How are you?
– Fine. Why did you call me? Why did I call you? No.. I forgot. Oh yes! I’ve just remembered. Want some chilled beer? I’m not addicted to liquor.
– Yes. You’re not addicted
to liquor but to money. What about those? Uncle, your briefcase.
– Okay. You may go now, dear.
– Okay. Look at this.
Can you recognize the signature? Yudhisthir, my father gave
you my mother’s ornaments worth.. ..3 lakhs rupees and 2 lakhs rupees in
cash for brickfield and the cooperative. Do you remember? I want the money back with interest. You can’t get me. Right? Yudhisthir, it won’t be
pleasant to go to the court.. ..and serve a sentence in prison. You’ve cheated the villagers
and amassed huge wealth. The house of the person
who protests is demolished. I’m well aware of all this. I can’t allow this. It’s not just my dues.. ..but you’ve to pay the dues
you owe to each and every villager.. ..or you’ve a seen a jeep outside.. ..I’ll tie you behind the
jeep and drag you on the streets. I give you seven days time to return
my mother’s ornaments and money.. ..or this gun will speak for me. Now get the hell out of here. Okay. Okay. How dare he threaten
Yudhisthir Chatterjee? He invited me and then insulted me. What happened?
– He has stepped on a snake’s tail. Who are you angry with? Who has insulted you? The short-tempered colonel. The colonel’s father invested
gold ornaments for brickfield. Ornaments? But the ornaments were
stolen from the temple. Did he want them back? How will you return them to him? The ornaments stolen
from the temple were mine. Yours? What are you saying?
– Yes, they were mine. The gold ornaments are mine
and so is the land of brickfield. Do you want me to give Himadri what
I’ve gradually earned with hard work? Please don’t cheat your friend. You’ve earned a lot of money. You’ve also earned several curses. You’ve been cursed by brother-in-law. One can’t live peacefully
with so many curses. No. Stop it. I don’t want
to hear such things again. You’ll hear it, you have to hear it. I haven’t got married to
you just to serve you like a maid. I’m a partner of your
sins and good deeds. Binodini. You explained to Hriday
and uncle Kunja that.. ..Seshadri Narayan
sold the land to you. But, I know that you
forged the legal documents. You may fool the people
by getting the priest arrested. But, I know that the ornaments
are in your wardrobe. You slapped me because of money. You’ve stooped so low. Binodini, listen to me.
– Leave me. Please listen to me.
– Leave me. I didn’t slap you purposely.
– No. Actually Himadri insulted me very badly.
– No.. no.. I couldn’t control myself. I don’t wish to live
as a corrupt person’s wife. Listen to me. If people find out the truth
I’ll be arrested and hanged. Will it be honourable for you? Return the ornaments.
– Ornaments? Yes. No. I can’t return them. Everybody knows that
Acharya stole the ornaments. He’s serving sentence for theft. If I say that the ornaments are
with me I’ll be blamed for everything. Satyapriya is after me. The insider who’s my enemy,
your dear brother-in-law.. ..he’s helping him. Please don’t leave me alone
under these circumstances. It’s you who has left me alone. Binu, please believe me. Okay, I admit that I’ve made mistakes. Return the ornaments
of Himadri’s mother. I’ll return them.
I swear on you. Believe me. Give me some time
to handle the situation. Give me the keys. It won’t be safe to keep
so many ornaments in the wardrobe. Give it to me. O God! Please save him from
greed and addiction to money. Please save him. Brother, I told you that
everybody will support a good cause. Colonel uncle was right. We can’t achieve
anything single-handedly. I was wrong. Illiteracy and
superstition are prevalent. People are so scared
of Yudhisthir Chatterjee.. ..that they are not ready to read
the newspaper, forget about buying it. Satya. Satya. Are you inside? Satya. They’ll buy as well as read it. Satya. Is Satya inside? Uncle, please come in. Where is Puti?
– She’s in the press. – Press? What is Puti doing there? She’s proof reading.
– Okay. Your newspaper has a new reader. Her name is Jindan Kaur.
She’s my friend’s daughter. She was so keen to meet
you that I had to come. Uncle, you’re exaggerating. She’s feeling shy. My sister Saathi is in the press. You can chat with her.
– Okay. That’s better. It’s better
to take the proper channel. Okay. Satya, listen to me. I haven’t come here
on Jindan’s insistence. I’ve something important
to discuss with you. I’ve read Navjeevan. I didn’t like it. You didn’t like it?
– No. No. You can’t put forward so many demands. You should be strong
enough to snatch your rights. You need evidence for it. I’ve got evidence for you. What’s this? This is strange. Don’t be surprised. This is the fact. Yes, the fact. But, you can’t publish
this in your newspaper now. Then? You knew the priest of the temple. The man was a fraud. I’m sure that Yudhisthir
used him to forge father’s will. I tried hard to find
out the truth from him. But, I couldn’t succeed. The man committed suicide. He committed suicide?
– Yes, that’s a long story. I heard that the man who stole the
ornaments from the temple was arrested. Yes, you’re right. But uncle I don’t think
he stole the ornaments. Why do you think so? He’s an aged man. He never gets involved
in any problem or person. It’s not acceptable that he stole. Is he still in jail?
– No. He has been released. Does he live in this village? He didn’t come back to this
village after he was released. I think he felt humiliated. But, unfortunately the children
of our village have to go.. ..to other villages for education
even when we’ve a school here. You know how much money
you and my father contributed.. ..towards building this school. I’m sure you know
who usurped the money. I know. I know everything. But, we can’t sit quietly
even after knowing the truth. You’ve to rebuild the school. The villagers will
study in this school. These people will grow up and teach a
good lesson to Yudhisthir Chatterjee. Saathi, won’t you be able to do it?
– Of course, uncle. I’ve come back to the
village with such hopes. Isn’t it, brother? I also want to help you. For how long? After the pujas you’ll
go back to Punjab. Not at all. I’ll stay here until the school is set up.
– Great! I may stay here for life. Understood. You need treatment.
– Hey! Okay, let it start. What brings you here at this odd hour? I’ve come to meet you.
– I’m absolutely fine, doctor. Jindan.
– You’ve done the right thing. You should treat this mad girl properly
or your father will shoot you dead. I won’t let you go. Come.
– Leave me. Don’t talk. What are you doing? Don’t forget that we’re in a village. Don’t the villagers romance?
– No. Let’s go. Hey! What are you doing? Leave me. “My heart is in love.” “My heart is beating fast.” “Your cheeks are blushing.” “My heart is in love.” “My heart is beating fast.” “Your cheeks are blushing.” “Let me go.” “Let the night progress.” “Spring hasn’t arrived,
yet love is in the air.” “Shy girl, express your feelings.” “Raise a storm in my heart and eyes.” “My heart is in love.” “My heart is beating fast.” “Your cheeks are blushing.” “You’re shameless,
you can only fight with me in love.” “You try to win my
heart with your magic.” “If I’m not shameless,
love won’t blossom.” “That’s why I’m eager
to exchange hearts.” “Your cheeks are blushing.” “My heart is in love.” “My heart is beating fast.” “Your cheeks are blushing.” “You’ve won my heart and
help me get rid of shyness.” “How will I face the world?” “You’ve won my heart and
help me get rid of shyness.” “How will I face the world?” “Smiling shyly is a sign of love.” “Nothing gives more
pleasure than love.” “My heart is in love.” “My heart is beating fast.” “Your cheeks are blushing.” What do you want? Hug me tightly the way you
were hugging the doctor, my dear. A snake bites the person it hugs.
I hope you know it. I know very well know to break the
poisonous fangs of a snake. Got it? Listen, you’ve this tree to hug. Hug it as long as you wish to. Okay. You’ll have to pay with your
blood for the blood you’ve shed. I also have a record of accounts. Let’s see how much blood is due. Bye. Okay. How dare he? He slapped you. He hit my man? Scoundrel! What are you waiting for? Do you want to display
his finger marks? Listen to me, son of a swine.
You’ve to take revenge for this. Go. The movement of the workers
is on and it’ll continue. It’s on and it’ll continue. It’s on and it’ll continue. It’s on and it’ll continue. It’s on and it’ll continue. It’s on and it’ll continue. Sir, the men on strike didn’t let
us go inside the office even today. You don’t know how to
enter so they didn’t allow you. Bablu..
– Yes, sir. Do you remember what I said? I can’t remember anything
unless I get paid for it. My memory doesn’t work well. Take this. I’ll settle everything. Don’t worry. Let’s go. Strike! The strike on and it’ll continue. Please stay here. Don’t panic.
Please sit down. Please sit down. Brother, stay here. I’ll be back soon. I know how to teach
the goons a lesson. I’ll go there with Jindan.
– Please sit here. Don’t panic. Hello. Devipur police station. This is Bhabatoish Banerjee speaking. Yes, sir. Listen.. Yes, sir. Okay, sir. Don’t worry, sir. I’ll take action, sir. Okay, sir. Constable. Brother-in-law.. You’ve called me from behind.
I was going out for an important work. I know very well what you do. You’re going to spend time with Pyra. What are you saying, sister-in-law? I know everything. You think I don’t know anything
just because I stay at home. Oh yes!
– Keeping a tab on me is a great task. You’re no less. Take this.
– What is this? This is the lord’s oblation. You’re celebrating workers’ day today.
Distribute it amongst everybody. “The world will sing.” “The world will sing about love.” “The world will bow down
before hard working men.” “The world will bow down
before hard working men.” “The world will sing.” “The world will sing about love.” “Let all of us dance,
sing and celebrate this day.” “Let all of us dance,
sing and celebrate this day.” “Every region has its own language.” “Language is their adornment,
everybody has hopes in it.” “Every region has its own language.” “Language is their adornment,
everybody has their hopes pinned on it.” “Punjabi, Gujarati,
Marathi, Tamil, Telegu, Malyalam.’ “Bengali, Hindi, Urdu.” “All languages are languages of love.” “The world will sing.” “The world will sing about love.” “Greetings!” “How are you?” “I love you.” “Greetings!” “There are many
languages and religions.” “There are different
faces but there’s one sky.” “There are many
languages and religions.” “There are different
faces but there’s one sky.” “Address the Almighty as Ishwar,
Allah or God.” “He has different names but he’s one.” “The world will sing.” “The world will sing about love.” “Let all of us dance,
sing and celebrate this day.” “Let all of us dance,
sing and celebrate this day.” “Our job is to work
hard and make India heaven.” “We’ll fulfill the dream
of making it a golden bird again.” “Our job is to work
hard and make India heaven.” “We’ll fulfill the dream
of making it a golden bird again.” “Nothing is impossible.” “if we’re united we
can achieve anything.” “The world will sing.” “The world will sing about love.” “The world will bow down
before hard working men.” “The world will bow down
before hard working men.” “The world will sing.” “The world will sing about love.” “Greetings!” “How are you?” “I love you.” “Greetings!” Sister-in-law Lalita. She is my mother. Mother? Mother.. It means you’re Savitri. Finally you’ve recognized me.
– Yes. Where were you all these years? Why did sister-in-law commit suicide? Why did you leave Devipur and go away? Do you want to know the truth? My mother didn’t commit suicide. She was murdered. Murdered?
– Yes. She was murdered. What’s this? You? Savitri! Savitri! Savitri! Savitri.. Savitri..
– Leave my mother. Mother.. Leave me. Please leave me. Leave my mother.
– Hey! Leave my mother.
– Hey! No.. no.. Leave my mother. Mother! No! Beware! Leave me.
– Beware! You won’t go there. Go. You’ll leave this house
and village and go away. – No. Or I’ll spread the news that you
killed your mother as you couldn’t.. ..tolerate to see your
mother working as a prostitute. No!
– Shut up. How much money do you need? How much money do you need? Take it. I shouldn’t see you
in this village again. Mark my words. Mother.. mother.. Mother.. mother.. Mother.. Mother.. speak to me. Open your eyes, mother. Mother, I pray that I can take revenge
for the tortures meted out to you. May I be able to take
revenge of your mother. I wish I succeed in taking revenge. Mother! Binodini, I’ll fill every
household with joys this puja. Really? That’ll be very nice. I wish this happens.
I love to see people happy. Please do it. God will bless you. Bless him? How can he do anything
good for people? He has always ruined people life. How can he do something
good for anybody? Who killed Savitri’s mother? Who forced helpless Savitri
to leave the village? Answer me. Answer me. You’ve lost your mind
because of drug addiction.. ..and Satyapriya’s influence on you. Who killed Savitri’s mother?
Answer me. No.
– Sister-in-law, leave it. No, brother-in-law.
– Sister-in-law, please leave it. You promised me.
– Take back the promise. – No. Brother-in-law, you promised
never to harm your brother. ‘I promise you.. I promise
you that I’ll never harm brother.’ Poor brides of Bengal. You’re proud of your marital symbols. You sacrifice your life and shed
tears for your husband’s well-being. When will you understand that
the husband’s don’t respect you? Mother, when will
you understand the truth? There’s nothing more sinful
than women in this world. Fire, illusion,
poison, curse and death.. ..are the things they
can be compared with. Priest, they want to meet you. You?
– Uncle, he’s Acharya. May I know the purpose of your visit? Hail Lord Ganesha. Sir.. sir..
– Haladhar, what brings you here? The colonel and Satyapriya had
taken Acharya and Haripada with them. How dare they? Come in, come in, Acharya. Come in. Please be seated. Take a seat here. Who’s he, uncle? Evidence. Evidence of all the sins
committed by Yudhisthir. Evidence? What do you mean? Proof.
– Oh! We’ll find out the truth about
Yudhisthir after talking to him. Acharya, please tell me the truth. Why did your elder brother
Brahmanada commit suicide? Well.. You’re surprised. Right? Don’t be surprised.
Tell me why he committed suicide. C’mon, tell me. I’m a Brahmin. I swear on my sacred thread that my
elder brother didn’t commit suicide. He didn’t commit suicide,
he was murdered. Murder? Who killed him? I can’t tell you.
– You’ve to tell us. Don’t fear anything.
Tell us who killed him. Speak up. He made my brother forge the
documents of Devipur cooperative. It’s Yudhisthir who
killed him after that. Acharya, tell us the truth
behind the mysterious theft.. ..of ornaments from the temple. Believe me. I didn’t steal
the ornaments of Radha-Krishna. Yudhisthir stole the ornaments
and accused me of the theft. He put me behind the bars. He was scared that I may expose him. So, he used his goons
to throw me out of the village. Any evidence?
– Of course. Satya da, let’s go. I’ll send Saathi from the hospital.
– Okay. You all may go. I’ll speak with him. Doctor, we need more doctors.
– Yes. It’s difficult to get doctors
to work in villages. – I’ve heard.. You think the colonel
will save you again. Listen. If you and your sister
don’t leave this village tonight.. ..then we’ll bury you alive. C’mon say that you’ll leave. Say it. Bablu, do you know something? The noose is for the
accused and not the hangman. Shut up. Go ahead. Help! Help! Come on. Scoundrel, leave me. We’ll take your sister. Let’s go.
– Take his sister. Come on. Come on. Come on. Come on. Brother. C’mon. Leave me. I said leave me. Leave him. I said leave him. Leave my brother. Take her. Brother! Brother! I’ll destroy your newspaper today. Saathi! Saathi! Leave me. I said leave me. Leave her. Rogue! Saathi! Rogue! No.. no.. Leave me. What’s the hurry? Come. Brother! No! ‘O Lord, the sun has set,
its evening, ferry me across.’ Boss, somebody is coming this way. ‘O lord..’ Bablu, run. Sir.. sir.. somebody has thrashed
Satya da and tied him to a tree. What?
– Yes. He left my place some time back. C’mon, let’s go and check. We must inform Surojit.
– I’ve already informed Surojit, sir. This way. Come. Look there. Satya, who did this? Who were they? I’ll tell you everything later. Please save Saathi first.
– Where is she? They’ve taken her towards the forest. Don’t worry, she’ll be fine. Doctor, the injection is ready. Please wait outside. I’ll take care of Saathi.
– Okay. We won’t be able to
catch them if we delay. You’re right. Satya da. You go to the evil Yudhisthir’s house. I’ll take care of Bablu.
– Let’s go. Stop! Take the gun from
the car before you go. I want you to kill those two devils. You must punish them
for torturing Saathi. We don’t need guns, uncle. My hands are enough for them.
Let’s go. Where’s your sir?
– You can’t meet him. Where’s your sir?
– I told you that you can’t meet him. What’s this? You? What do you want? My sister’s honour. Your sister’s honour? What nonsense! Are you drunk? I didn’t get the
answer of my question. Where is Bablu?
– Who is Bablu? I can’t understand what you mean. How will I know about
Bablu’s whereabouts? I don’t know Bablu. So, you don’t know your pet dog now.
Isn’t it? Tell me where Bablu is. Where is Bablu? Speak up. You’re crossing the limit, Satya. How dare you attack my house at night? I’ll inform the police. C’mon tell me where he is. Speak up. Tell me where Bablu is. Tell me where Bablu is Speak up. What’s going on?
– Speak up. What’s happening at
this hour in the night? Leave me, Satya. What happened? What has happened?
– Please don’t interfere. You’ll have to suffer
as much as Saathi has suffered. C’mon tell me where Bablu is. What are you saying, Satya?
– Yes. He used Bablu to rape my sister. Binu, don’t believe him. He’s lying. He’s trying to tarp me. Satya, please go away
or it won’t be good for you. I haven’t come here to go away. I’ve come to settle old scores. Binu! No! No, Satya. No. Satya.. I know nothing
can compensate your loss. Satya, please don’t kill my husband. Please don’t erase the
vermilion on my forehead. I beg of you.
– Aunt.. Aunt.. I don’t have a mother. You’re like my mother. I won’t harm you even if I’ve to
go through lot of sufferings. Never. As a son I couldn’t
make my mother a widow. So, you’re safe today. You wanted to call the police.
Isn’t it? I’ll take you to the police station. Aunt, please bear this. I’m sure that you want
the culprit to be punished. Come on. Speak up. Sir, look what he’s doing.
– What are you doing? Don’t forget that
this is a police station. Sir, I don’t know if this
is a police station or not. Don’t forget that this is a police station.
– I know. I’ve come here to tell
you that he has ruined my life. But, I didn’t harm him. He cheated me of
my house and property. Yet, I said nothing. He burnt my newspapers,
yet I was quiet. Sir, I could never give my
younger sister anything. Nothing. But she never complained
as she didn’t wish to harm me. Got it, sir? My sister whom I’ve always
taken great care of has been.. ..ruined by this devil. Speak up. Tell me where Bablu is. Get in. Staya da, the old haggard has escaped. I’ve brought these two men with me.
They know where Bablu is. What are you doing?
– Tell me where is Bablu. What are you doing?
This is a police station. Satya, no.. leave them. Satya, please leave him.
I’ll handle him. Surojit.. Surojit.. calm down. Let me handle them. Go to Saathi. Yudhisthir, speak the truth. Do you know him? What a problem!
How will I know them? They’re anti-socials. They’re troublemakers.
It’s clear that they’re rogues. Do you know me? He doesn’t know me, sir. Do you know him?
– No, sir. Speak the truth or
I’ll thrash you badly. I don’t know him.
– He doesn’t know me, sir. Stop pretending.
– I don’t know him. – Speak up. I don’t know him.
– C’mon speak up. Son of a swine. Gut up! I promise that I’ll bring the
real culprit before you in seven days. Shall I go now, sir?
– Okay, you may go. Sir..
– Chite, you’re here? I’m always with you
in times of your trouble. Let’s not talk now.
I’m in great trouble. Let’s go to Bablu’s house right now. C’mon, let’s go. Bablu. Bablu. You’re sleeping soundly
after getting drunk, swine. Leave the village right now. If you get caught you’ll
confess that I made you do all this. Take 5000 rupees. Leave the village immediately. Get up, son of a swine. What’s this? Satya, you? Is the price of an innocent
girl’s honour only 5000 rupees? ‘Don’t wipe off the
vermilion on my forehead.’ ‘Please don’t make a widow, Satya.’ What are you doing? Bablu. Bablu. So you want Bablu? Get up, scoundrel. Get up. Look at Bablu. Look at him. Did you see Bablu? You wanted to send Bablu
away to hide your sins. Where’s the proof?
– Proof? Let’s go to the police station.
I’ll show the evidence there. Bablu. Bablu. ‘You’re sleeping soundly
after getting drunk, swine.’ ‘Leave the village right now.’ ‘If you get caught you’ll
confess that I made you do all this.’ ‘Take 5000 rupees.
Leave the village immediately.’ ‘Get up, son of a swine.’
– This is not true. Mr. Yudhisthir, say something. This is Satya’s conspiracy.
– Stop it. You think this is conspiracy. Is the tape recorder wrong? Listen to me. Shame on you. Your name is Yudhisthir. Your appearance is like a gentleman. But, I didn’t know that
your heart is so dirty. Great! What about the bribes you took?
– No, I mean.. Mr. Sen. Put him behind the bars. I’ve a request. Request? Tell me. Durga puja will start
day after tomorrow. I request that he’s allowed
to visit the Durga pandal along.. ..with police security for
the four days of the festival. Binodini will be able to bid
adieu to the goddess with a smile. Okay. I’ll think what
I can do about this. Saathi. Saathi. Saathi.. Saathi.. Saathi.. listen to me. Please listen to me, sister. Won’t you go to bid
adieu to the goddess today? Please don’t be quiet. Say something. Please say something. Today is the day of immersion.
Isn’t it, brother? I was immersed that day, brother.
– Saathi. Please don’t ask me to go there,
brother. – Listen.. Please don’t tell me to go.
– Listen to me.. It’ll be a bad omen for the village.
– No.. Do you want the village
to suffer because of me? Listen to me.. Tell me, brother.
– Listen to me. Tell me, brother.
– Listen.. Please forgive me, brother. Saathi.. Saathi, listen to me.
– Forgive me. Saathi, listen to me. I can’t keep your request. It’s not your stigma.
It’s a stigma for me. I couldn’t take care of
you as promised to our parents. Please forgive me, sister.
Please forgive me. Saathi.. Saathi, the water
of river Ganges can never be impure. You’re also not impure. Today if girls like you and me stay
at home because of fear and shame.. ..then what will the other girls do? Try to guide them. It’s not your stigma.
It’s everybody’s stigma. Yes, it’s everybody’s stigma. Saathi, come with me. Come. Come. I’ve made all the arrangements
to bid adieu to the goddess. We’ve to wait for Acharya now. What happened? Come.
– No, I won’t go. Colonel, the Acharya hasn’t come yet. Who’ll start the veneration?
– I will do it. Come, my child. Come. Go. No. No, uncle. I’m impure, uncle. Who said you’re impure? You’re pure like the Ganges. Don’t cry today. Don’t cry. Come. When heaven was in danger
because of the demons. On the request of the gods
Devi Mahamaya came to kill the demons. Similarly, when the demon
was destroying the peace of Devipur.. ..you arrived from Kolkata. Come. You’re another
form of Ma Mahamaya. Come. Surojit, come here. Please pass me the vermilion plate. Take it. Bid adieu to the goddess. We’ve bid adieu to the goddess. I wish I could deck my
goddess with a piece of jewelry. But, my hands are empty. Take this. Who said that your hands are empty? Your ornaments were
with us all these years. Gift Saathi this necklace
with your own hands. Hold it. This is the necklace of the goddess. God resides in humans. The people of Devipur are fortunate. Mother has descended on earth today. Put it on her. This is the wish of the goddess. Make her wear it. This necklace Binodini.. ..I’ve saved it for all these years. How can somebody take it away from me? What are you doing?
Please don’t do this. It’ll create a problem.
Don’t take law in your hands. Law? Which law are you talking about. Where were all of you all these years? Where were you on that
night on which my mother was.. Wait. Let me douse the fire that’s been
burning in my heart for so many years. Calm down. Inspector, after that you can give
me whatever punishment you give me. Calm down. Please come with me. Come. Satya, you didn’t let
me finish my sentence. I didn’t want to take
away the necklace like this. I removed this necklace
from the deity at night. So, I want to repent for my sins
by making Saathi wear this necklace. I beg that you allow me, Satya. Please show mercy. Binu, give the actual
document to Satya. His dreams will come true. The people of Devipur
have lot of faith in Satya. Yudhisthir, come. Make her wear it. Binodini, wipe your tears. You’ve lot of responsibility now. Return the joys and peace
of mind of the people of Devipur.. ..that I snatched away from them. When I come back I want to
see a prosperous Devipur built.. ..on the foundation of the
ruins of the Devipur destroyed by me. Satya. Himadri.
All of them will support you. Today I wish to touch your feet. I’ve everybody’s support. But, I’ll wait for you.